Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No Oxygen!

Yes, its true Bryce is off ALL oxygen! It happened on Thursday, but I didn't want to say anything right away because I was afraid I would jinx it. Now thats its been 5 days I figured I would break the news. He is doing GREAT with out it. His sats are good almost all the time, only sometimes when he is eating he will drop a little but not too bad. Also some more good news, it sounds like we could be coming come very soon. I was told 2-3 weeks.... We'll see! I can't even believe this is something I have to think about now. It seemed like the day would never come. I feel like I am in the twilight zone! Its great news of course, but at the same time I'M SCARED! He probably won't come home on a monitor, so I will probably never sleep again. There are a few things that have to happen though before he can come home... He has to #1 no longer need gavage tube for feeding. #2 Consistently gain weight. #3 No Desats, Apneas or Bradys for 5 consecutive days. Anyway in other news.... He had a head scan yesterday and all the bleeds and echoes in the brain are GONE! This is also GREAT news, this is one of the things I worried about the most. Also Dr. McCabe (eye surgeon) came today and said his eyes look much better than they did. He said the Plus disease is gone and the vessels have moved to stage 2 (it was Stage 3) so this is all great news as well. (Knock on wood things continue on this good news path) I have definitely determined that prayer has been the reason for all this. There is no other explanation. For those of you who know my whole story from day 1 I bet would agree with me, the stuff we have been through and where we are now... Its truly amazing.

6 comments:

Amy said...

OMG!!!! I am so happy to be able to read such great news. I have been checking your blog everyday and didn't see any posts and was getting a bit nervous. And man oh man he looks so much like his daddy. I am so happy for all of you. You will continue to be in my prayers.
Amy

Ellen said...

This is terrific news! I have to say, Bryce does look just like his daddy although I can see a bit of you in him as well. You are all thought of often.
Ellen

NenNen said...

I agree with Amy...OMG!!!! He is so beautiful and he looks just like Stevie...and I'm not a bit biased. Hey, you have two girls that look just like you, Erika, so you have to be nice and share. I think it's only fair. It's been one heck of a roller coaster ride to get here and I know we are not out of the woods yet, but what a miracle!! He looks so healthy and so adorable in that new picture without all the tubes. Thank you God and thank you everyone who has been praying for Bryce, Erika, Steve, and their girls, Nicole and Faythe. As Erika has repeatedly said...that is what has gotten them this far. It's truly amazing!
NenNen

Anonymous said...

That's great news. I was also starting to get nervous when there were no updates. We will still keep all of you in our prayers and I know that you will do fine when he does come home.
Sandie and Heidi

Monica said...

I am just sitting here in tears as I read the latest blog!!!! He is so beautiful & healthy looking. And yes, I'm with everyone else that I see alot of daddy in him.
We are still praying for him and all of you that he will be home very soon.
I can't wait to see him.
Monica

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Blockbuster.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie The Losers 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

Go Patriots!!!

Go Patriots!!!
Finally Football season!


Cute

Look at my muscles!

Look at my muscles!

No Oxygen!

No Oxygen!
So who does he look like????

VAPO THERM!!!!! Yipee!!!

VAPO THERM!!!!! Yipee!!!
Look at me I'm on VapoTherm now! You can see my fat cheeks!

July 5, 2007

July 5, 2007
First day no oxygen...

Apnea study

Apnea study
On Monday 7/2/07We participated in an Apnea study for UMass Medical School, it is a study to try to prevent apnea in preemies.


Colee holding Bryce

Faythe Holding Bryce

We're home!

Fist time trying out the carseat before going home

Cute!

Cute!



Daddy and Bryce

Daddy and Bryce
Finally I remembered to take a picture!

Sleeping...

Sleeping...

Just to get an idea of how small Bryce is, that is my hand and its almost twice the size of him. This pic is from last week.

2lbs. 11.6oz.

Coming out for my first tubbie!

Coming out for my first tubbie!

My first Tubbie

My first Tubbie
Anne (bryce's nurse) Putting him in the tubbie for the first time

The Mommy Massage!

The Mommy Massage!
Ahhh... This is the life!

Mmmm... Fingers!

Mohawk!!!!

Mohawk!!!!
Anne not only gave Bryce his first tubby, but she also gave him his first Mohawk!

I'm only the cutest baby EVER!

I'm only the cutest baby EVER!

Mad??? What gave you that idea?

Mad??? What gave you that idea?

Peek-A-Boo

Peek-A-Boo
So in this game what comes after you put your hands over your eyes???

Bryce trying to pull out his breathing tube

Bryce trying to pull out his breathing tube
Is this thing really NECESSARY??

Bryce holding onto a toy instead of his breathing tube and pulling it out!

Mom pretty sure you should have someone else take the picture and not try to do it yourself!

Just Me and My Mom!

Just Me and My Mom!
May 8, 2007

Even on bad days I'm still so Cute!

Please NO MORE PICTURES!

Please NO MORE PICTURES!
Would you stop with the camera already!

Clean blankets, clean bum what more can a boy ask for??

Boy am I tired!

Boy am I tired!

Changing my Bed

Changing my Bed
Mom gets to pick me up while my nurse changes my bed

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Happy Birthday Mommy!
First time I ever got to hold Bryce

Best birthday gift a mom could have aked for.