Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Quick update...

Its been a long day of doctors for Bryce.

Good news first:

He gained weight over the weekend 16lbs 4oz. 25 inches and he is FINALLY on the charts!!!! Only in the 3rd percentile for weight and just under the 5th percentile for height but I am just pleased he finally made the chart!!!!

Not so good news:

Pedi first:
double ear infection (yes he did just have tubes placed) doesn't seem to matter
Pink eye both eyes still not going away so continue with meds for that (cause he's on enough meds already)

Pulmonary:
O2 will not be adjusted down what so ever for at least 3-6 months and that depends on how things are when we go back. :(
This is sort of depressing I'm not sure thats the right word to use but it sucks (better word) for him because he absolutely HATES his cannula so we fight all day long with that and his pulm. doc said it is VERY important that he has O2 24/7 no excuses. During tubbies EVERYTHING! It makes his developement slower because he has so much trouble with his breathing... Its just sad for him. But he is strong and its for his benefit. (notice me convincing myself here)

Then as you know from previous posts, we have been watching his blood pressure... WELL they took it today as they now always do with him and it was THROUGH THE ROOF!!!! 114/74. Doesn't sound bad for an adult but for a baby this is very high... Concerning to say the least. So for now we will still watch but I now have to bring Bryce to his pedi 1-2 times more per /wk to have BP taken. Then we will compare notes form pedi and pulm and decide what next. So in addition to the million dr appts he has every week we now have to add these in which is ok because again for his own good, but if I had some NURSING she/they could do it in our house and I wouldn't have to expose him to all the germs in the doctors office! Plus he doesn't travel well so thats a pain too. 1-2 O2 tanks, diaper bag, car seat, baby, purse, pulse ox.. all weighing 5 lbs or more each.. I bet my purse is about 40 itself.... :)

And some bad news for my sanity: Pulmonary told me that my son is a bit spoiled with being held (which he is, I admit it) and that its time to stop.... SOOOO this means I have to let him cry... For a long time... Hmmm any advice on how NOT to go crazy?????

OK so thats my complaining for now... Time for sleep I guess.

Oh and Thanks to everyone who has already shown interest in supporting us in the walk and to those who will! :)

Not sure what the issue is but spell check still won't work and I'm too tired to know if I misspelled. Sorry.. I weally am smawt> :)


Look at his little face... even sick he smiles! I just LOVE this baby!

3 comments:

23wktwinsmommy said...

Erika,

Man oh man do I know about O2. But for some reason my poor kid doesn't even mind his cannula and even with time off (FINALLY) he doesn't care when I put it back on. Not sure if he's used to it, or just an easy going kid?
HAHAH Dr, K said he's too spoiled? How does he know that?!
As for nursing it's BS! I swear I need to help you get it. You have SOOO much going on. You should really appeal the decision...it makes no sense and seems like it's discriminating b/c he didn't come HOME on O2. He is O2 24/7 with no set time to wean, on meds, has BP issues, gets sick like all our kids do, this affects respiratory. You guys soo deserve it. I want to call and tell them to give some of our hours to you guys!!!
It's cool you're updating so close together...lol. I know you're super busy with 3 kids, one being a preemie, but I LOVE to get updated about Bryce. He is way too cute!
Hope he feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Erika,
Don't get discouraged. I can't say that I know what you are going through. Only someone that has the same situation can do that. You have a lot of family support around and that is something that not a lot of people have. I keep saying that you are a strong person and I really mean it. I cannot even imagine all that you have gone through. I don't know if I would have the strength. In addition to taking care of three children, you still find time to work. It is amazing what you have accomplished in the past 10 months and even before. Keep trying to get nursing services. You really deserve it. Even if it is just an hour or two a day or every other day. They should be giving you something. Keep up the good work.
Sandie

24weeker's Mama said...

Aloha, my name is Yani, mom to 24 weeker Samudra (Sam). I am a friend of Shanon (Kansas). I saw your blog from her blog. Your baby looks so cute. He is almost 1 year old, just like my baby boy.

Take care,
yani, Hawaii

Go Patriots!!!

Go Patriots!!!
Finally Football season!


Cute

Look at my muscles!

Look at my muscles!

No Oxygen!

No Oxygen!
So who does he look like????

VAPO THERM!!!!! Yipee!!!

VAPO THERM!!!!! Yipee!!!
Look at me I'm on VapoTherm now! You can see my fat cheeks!

July 5, 2007

July 5, 2007
First day no oxygen...

Apnea study

Apnea study
On Monday 7/2/07We participated in an Apnea study for UMass Medical School, it is a study to try to prevent apnea in preemies.


Colee holding Bryce

Faythe Holding Bryce

We're home!

Fist time trying out the carseat before going home

Cute!

Cute!



Daddy and Bryce

Daddy and Bryce
Finally I remembered to take a picture!

Sleeping...

Sleeping...

Just to get an idea of how small Bryce is, that is my hand and its almost twice the size of him. This pic is from last week.

2lbs. 11.6oz.

Coming out for my first tubbie!

Coming out for my first tubbie!

My first Tubbie

My first Tubbie
Anne (bryce's nurse) Putting him in the tubbie for the first time

The Mommy Massage!

The Mommy Massage!
Ahhh... This is the life!

Mmmm... Fingers!

Mohawk!!!!

Mohawk!!!!
Anne not only gave Bryce his first tubby, but she also gave him his first Mohawk!

I'm only the cutest baby EVER!

I'm only the cutest baby EVER!

Mad??? What gave you that idea?

Mad??? What gave you that idea?

Peek-A-Boo

Peek-A-Boo
So in this game what comes after you put your hands over your eyes???

Bryce trying to pull out his breathing tube

Bryce trying to pull out his breathing tube
Is this thing really NECESSARY??

Bryce holding onto a toy instead of his breathing tube and pulling it out!

Mom pretty sure you should have someone else take the picture and not try to do it yourself!

Just Me and My Mom!

Just Me and My Mom!
May 8, 2007

Even on bad days I'm still so Cute!

Please NO MORE PICTURES!

Please NO MORE PICTURES!
Would you stop with the camera already!

Clean blankets, clean bum what more can a boy ask for??

Boy am I tired!

Boy am I tired!

Changing my Bed

Changing my Bed
Mom gets to pick me up while my nurse changes my bed

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Happy Birthday Mommy!
First time I ever got to hold Bryce

Best birthday gift a mom could have aked for.