Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What??! Its only been about a month ....or so.....


OK, ok I know I am REALLY Bad at this! Sorry its been so busy with work and suregeries ann ear infections and possible RSV, that I haven't had time to update.


Here goes:

Surgery went very well. Did have adenoids removed and tubes placed also had brochoscopy. Air way looks great. He did have allot of trouble breathing after the surgery. He was up to 1 liter of O2. They kept us over one night, tried for two but I begged to go home. They let us go once we got him back to his base O2 requirements of 300cc's. Ever since the surgery he has had a really bad cough. We went to his pedi 3 days after surgery they said it was upper airway from having the adenoids out. Well here we are almost three weeks later still with the cough. So over the weekedn I gave him nebs every 4 hours, didn't help. Called pumonary no avail apts so we went to pedi thinks possible RSV because his lungs are so full of gunk and boogie nose etc. Did not do swab though so won't know for sure. He is now on albuterol and Orapred for 5 days. If this doesn't work we will have to go back to the doctors.


As for his weight, this is becoming another issue. He is still 15lbs 12oz. Hasn't gained anything sionce January 3rd. Watching this for now.

Had our NICU follow up clinic last week Dr Bream was wonderful said Bryce is doing great developmentally he sees no issues at all. Aside from the expected delays. They say Bryce is at a 5 month level. He is 10 months real age, 6 months adjusted age so he is about 1 month behind his adjusted age. We are working on rolling over and sitting up , both are very difficult for him to do, but I'm sure he'll get it soon!

He is still stinking cute, I can't even stand him!



See told you! This pic is from right before is surgery. See his cute little johnny



Practicing getting his feet and trying to roll over! Look at the FAT legs!!! I love em! Oh can you tell he is a binky lover! Every picture he's eating it! I'll have to try getting one of his face and not the binky!





My Happy little guy beating up his toys!




Also just quickly, I wanted to start putting the word out that I am starting a team for the March for Babies event on April 20 in Worcester. I will have my team name etc.. set up soon with more details on the walk and donating etc.., but for anyone who may be interested in walking and/or donating with us for Bryce please let me know. I'd like to get a large team together for him . Leave me a comment with your email address and I will send the info over. Please tell anyone who you think would be interested in supporting Bryce and the March of Dimes. Its a great cause and with out them my little guy wouldn't be here. The March of Dimes had a huge part in bringing Bryce from this:





To This:

So think about it and let me know if you are interested and once I get all the info I will forward it on to everyone.

Thanks for your support.
Erika


PS spell check wouldn't work for some reason so if I made allot of mistakes I'm sorry... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erika,
I would love to participate in the walk. Let me know when you have more info. Talk soon.
emily
emily_simons1212@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Erika,
Glad to hear that he did well with the surgery. I have been checking every day for an update and I'm glad I checked today. I always said he is a fighter and I guess he is. Hope you are getting more rest and keep your spirits high. He is such a cutie. Hope to see him soon.
Sandie

Ellen said...

Hey Momma,
Count me in on the walk. I would love to be part of Team BabyBrycen. Keep me posted on the details.
Ellen
ephillips501@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Hi Erika,
I signed up to walk with you for Bryce, but I don't know if I did it correctly.
Okay...this may sound like a stupid question, but what are the footballs and the numbers for??
I can't wait to walk and help the March of Dimes. As you said, if not for them our "little bear" would probably not be with us now and I have heard so many other similar stories. I don't think people know enough about the March of Dimes and the incredible amount of research they have done, which in turn enables many babies to survive when just 20 years ago they would not have made it!
NenNen

Anonymous said...

Hey Erika,
I love the pix, they are so cute...
I would love to participate in the walk just let me know all the info email or call me....
jmorse6207@yahoo.com -or-
774-200-1423

Talk to you later JENN

23wktwinsmommy said...

yaaaay an update!
So glad to see how well Byrce is doing...and he is DAMN cute! WOW he has changed.
I hope the orapred and the albuterol work. Edwin had a mild case of RSV, but he recovered well with antibiotics. Hopefully, it's not RSV and he is better soon!
After the season we have to get the kids together!

Go Patriots!!!

Go Patriots!!!
Finally Football season!


Cute

Look at my muscles!

Look at my muscles!

No Oxygen!

No Oxygen!
So who does he look like????

VAPO THERM!!!!! Yipee!!!

VAPO THERM!!!!! Yipee!!!
Look at me I'm on VapoTherm now! You can see my fat cheeks!

July 5, 2007

July 5, 2007
First day no oxygen...

Apnea study

Apnea study
On Monday 7/2/07We participated in an Apnea study for UMass Medical School, it is a study to try to prevent apnea in preemies.


Colee holding Bryce

Faythe Holding Bryce

We're home!

Fist time trying out the carseat before going home

Cute!

Cute!



Daddy and Bryce

Daddy and Bryce
Finally I remembered to take a picture!

Sleeping...

Sleeping...

Just to get an idea of how small Bryce is, that is my hand and its almost twice the size of him. This pic is from last week.

2lbs. 11.6oz.

Coming out for my first tubbie!

Coming out for my first tubbie!

My first Tubbie

My first Tubbie
Anne (bryce's nurse) Putting him in the tubbie for the first time

The Mommy Massage!

The Mommy Massage!
Ahhh... This is the life!

Mmmm... Fingers!

Mohawk!!!!

Mohawk!!!!
Anne not only gave Bryce his first tubby, but she also gave him his first Mohawk!

I'm only the cutest baby EVER!

I'm only the cutest baby EVER!

Mad??? What gave you that idea?

Mad??? What gave you that idea?

Peek-A-Boo

Peek-A-Boo
So in this game what comes after you put your hands over your eyes???

Bryce trying to pull out his breathing tube

Bryce trying to pull out his breathing tube
Is this thing really NECESSARY??

Bryce holding onto a toy instead of his breathing tube and pulling it out!

Mom pretty sure you should have someone else take the picture and not try to do it yourself!

Just Me and My Mom!

Just Me and My Mom!
May 8, 2007

Even on bad days I'm still so Cute!

Please NO MORE PICTURES!

Please NO MORE PICTURES!
Would you stop with the camera already!

Clean blankets, clean bum what more can a boy ask for??

Boy am I tired!

Boy am I tired!

Changing my Bed

Changing my Bed
Mom gets to pick me up while my nurse changes my bed

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Happy Birthday Mommy!
First time I ever got to hold Bryce

Best birthday gift a mom could have aked for.