Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Update and New PIctures

Since the last update a few things have changed. Bryce is on O2 24 hours a day now at 200 cc's. We went to the Pulmonologist on the 24th and he decided that Bryce needed oxygen 24/7. He took some blood and a chest Xray, the blood was fine, the Xray was OK has scarring from the vent typical of a 24 weeker. We go back on the 25th of Sept and may be able to come down on the cc's we'll see. He sats between 85-93 which isn't horrible but for a baby that is on O2 it should be better. He does get to 100 but hangs lower 90's. Anyway he is now 7lbs. 4oz. 20.25 inches. He has been gaining weight much better since being on O2, which is good. Also we had a follow up ultrasound for his kidney issue, they confirmed kidney stones, left kidney dilated with fluid etc... Just going to continue to follow I guess. We see Urology in October.
Two days ago he got his first cold. Well I think its a cold, he's really stuffy and I have to suction him 8-10 times a day, he hates it. Pedi said to watch it and see what happens. Knock on wood so far so good, no fever or anything just boogies.... He still does not sleep EVER!!!!! I don't know what to do about this problem, I am losing my mind. I maybe get about 10 hours of sleep per week and I can't function like that. Its so hard. He cries allot too and I'm not sure why. He doesn't seem to be in pain, I feed him I change him and nothing works unless I am holding him and i can't hold him 24/7 .... Can I????Nicole started school last week so I don't have my helper anymore, thats been a bit of an adjustment, but I guess I'll survive. Faythe starts pre-school Friday she's very excited, its 3 days a week half days. It'll be allot of work for me but good for her, she needs other kids to play with... So like I said I have posted some new pictures!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie. Sorry to hear about the oxygen. Brighter skies are in the horizon. Remember to breathe and try to take some time to yourself, when you get the chance. You are a strong person and I admire you. Don't forget to smile.
Sandie

Ellen said...

He is absolutely adorable. You will get through this - sleep or no sleep. I admire you for all your strenghth through this - hang in there.

23wktwinsmommy said...

Ohhh he is such a cutie!
Hey...oxygen happens...lol. It does help with weight gain, etc. Edwin was pretty high maintainence and needy when he first came home for the first couple of months. The well-intentioned medical people often mentioned it could be due to nuerological issues which freaked me out of course...so if someone metions it to you don't get too freaked. Over the past couple of months Edwin has calmed down SOOO much. He is like a different kiddo. One day Edwin Sr said, "hey Edwin isn't fussy anymore. Who switched my baby?" It was that drastic a change. Bryce is probably just getting used to his new surroundings and letting you know he didn't appreciate those heel sticks and not being able to come home for so long. He is sooo cute...oh I already said that huh?! :)

WeeOnesMommy said...

I found your blog through Stephanie aka 23wktwins'mommy..

Your son is sooooooooo cute :) and as for the 02, ehhh it happens, we were on it for a while too..

Hang in there and keep up the good work

Nathali said...

What a beautiful baby!! He seems to be doing so good. My baby Michael is on oxygen. Just make sure he doesn't pull his canula out. Michael loves to pull it out and suck on it :)

Go Patriots!!!

Go Patriots!!!
Finally Football season!


Cute

Look at my muscles!

Look at my muscles!

No Oxygen!

No Oxygen!
So who does he look like????

VAPO THERM!!!!! Yipee!!!

VAPO THERM!!!!! Yipee!!!
Look at me I'm on VapoTherm now! You can see my fat cheeks!

July 5, 2007

July 5, 2007
First day no oxygen...

Apnea study

Apnea study
On Monday 7/2/07We participated in an Apnea study for UMass Medical School, it is a study to try to prevent apnea in preemies.


Colee holding Bryce

Faythe Holding Bryce

We're home!

Fist time trying out the carseat before going home

Cute!

Cute!



Daddy and Bryce

Daddy and Bryce
Finally I remembered to take a picture!

Sleeping...

Sleeping...

Just to get an idea of how small Bryce is, that is my hand and its almost twice the size of him. This pic is from last week.

2lbs. 11.6oz.

Coming out for my first tubbie!

Coming out for my first tubbie!

My first Tubbie

My first Tubbie
Anne (bryce's nurse) Putting him in the tubbie for the first time

The Mommy Massage!

The Mommy Massage!
Ahhh... This is the life!

Mmmm... Fingers!

Mohawk!!!!

Mohawk!!!!
Anne not only gave Bryce his first tubby, but she also gave him his first Mohawk!

I'm only the cutest baby EVER!

I'm only the cutest baby EVER!

Mad??? What gave you that idea?

Mad??? What gave you that idea?

Peek-A-Boo

Peek-A-Boo
So in this game what comes after you put your hands over your eyes???

Bryce trying to pull out his breathing tube

Bryce trying to pull out his breathing tube
Is this thing really NECESSARY??

Bryce holding onto a toy instead of his breathing tube and pulling it out!

Mom pretty sure you should have someone else take the picture and not try to do it yourself!

Just Me and My Mom!

Just Me and My Mom!
May 8, 2007

Even on bad days I'm still so Cute!

Please NO MORE PICTURES!

Please NO MORE PICTURES!
Would you stop with the camera already!

Clean blankets, clean bum what more can a boy ask for??

Boy am I tired!

Boy am I tired!

Changing my Bed

Changing my Bed
Mom gets to pick me up while my nurse changes my bed

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Happy Birthday Mommy!
First time I ever got to hold Bryce

Best birthday gift a mom could have aked for.